The key to our success lies in a shared vision and joined forces.
The Annual Help Me Grow (HMG) National Forum, hosted by the HMG National Center, is an opportunity for affiliates and partners to network, create new partnerships, and learn from each other. Each year, the event provides increasing national visibility of the HMG Network’s collective efforts and accomplishments and highlights promising ideas and innovations from across the Network.
Help Me Grow Forum 2021 | Virtual Forum Co-hosted by HMG Indiana
Annual Help Me Grow
Virtual Forum | September 20-23, 2021
The 12th Annual HMG National Forum will consist of four half-days of presentations, featuring approximately 20 hours of content. The 2021 HMG Virtual Forum will be co-hosted by Help Me Grow Indiana and feature a series of presentations and sessions from the affiliate co-host. The agenda will include HMG Affiliate-led content sessions, poster presentations, exhibitor booths and speakers.
Ways to Engage
Help Me Grow affiliates are the heart and soul of the National Forum. Here is a brief overview of opportunities for affiliates to participate at the 2021 Forum.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The 2021 Virtual Forum, like past in-person forums, will offer affiliate & partner-led learning opportunities for attendees. Descriptions and application information can be found below.
- Poster Presentations will enable HMG affiliates to showcase an area of their work relevant to the HMG system model. Posters often highlight affiliate innovations, engagement strategies for community partners and families and continuous quality improvement projects. Poster presentations are intended to be short in length and highlight high-level findings and strategies.
- Content Sessions will allow presenters to engage a targeted audience around a topic relevant to the HMG Model, early childhood health and system building. These topic-based sessions will be offered throughout this year’s Virtual Forum, with multiple concurrent sessions to allow attendees to choose sessions most of interest to them, as well as to allow the National Center to offer as many sessions as possible. Applications are open to affiliates and their partners as well as national partner organizations, and will be reviewed by the FPC according to criteria such as relevance, timeliness, level of anticipated interest and practical application. New this year will be an emphasis on ensuring these sessions are maximally suited to a virtual format and can remain engaging and interactive.
The Call for Proposals for both of the above opportunities will be released in March 2021.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO ENGAGE
Networking with other system building and early childhood leaders has become a staple activity in the HMG Annual Forum agenda. As we transition to hosting a virtual event, networking and connection has remained of the upmost importance for our network. This year’s HMG Virtual Forum will offer a series of opportunities for the HMG network to connect with one another. More information on how to engage in these opportunities will be shared as we arrive closer to the date of the event.
- Networking Sessions will enable every HMG affiliate, as well as HMG partners, to foster relationships among the network. Both semi-structured, informal and by-appointment networking will be available at the Forum.
Virtual Event Appointment Features will enable every HMG affiliates and partners to create individual meetings with other Forum attendees. Attendees will be able to utilize their virtual event calendar to schedule meetings around the content sessions and speakers they have registered to attended.
Pricing and Registration:
Pricing and Registration for the HMG Virtual Forum 2021 coming soon.
Tips for Participating Virtually:
- Stable internet connection for joining live sessions and streaming on demand recorded content.
- Sessions for the Virtual Forum will be hosted live on the event website. Access to content will be included in attendee registration confirmation. A computer or mobile device with the ability to connect 2-way audio (listening & speaking) is required for joining sessions where active verbal engagement is encouraged or required (speaking via your computer or mobile device).
- Utilize the networking feature on the Event Website to schedule appointments with other attendees (in advance or on the day of).
- Busy during the time of a live session? All live session content will be recorded and made available to attendees.
FORUM PLANNING COMMITTEE 2021
- Shannon Garrity, Forum Co-Host HMG Indiana
- Charnel Forbes, HMG Indiana
- Nicole Hopkins, HMG New Jersey
- Christina Colon, HMG New Jersey
- Deepa Srinivasavaradan, HMG New Jersey
- Jackie Litzau, HMG Washington
- Jaime McGillis, HMG San Luis Obispo, CA
- Jodi West, HMG Utah
- Kathy Houston, HMG North Texas
- Faith Rivera, HMG North Texas
- Liz Randall, HMG Florida
- Alexandra Goldberg, HMG Florida
Help Me Grow Forum 2020 | Virtual Forum
Annual Help Me Grow
Virtual Forum | August 10-12, 2020
The 11th Annual HMG National Virtual Forum consisted of three half-days of presentations, featuring approximately 12 hours of content. Sessions this year included content focusing on Child Health Provider engagement, Infant mental health principles, Strategies for connecting with and supporting indigenous and tribal communities, and the importance of centering parents and families in our collective work. In addition, we were delighted to welcome again, our 2019 HMG National Forum Keynote, Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha, for an engaging, moderated session to provide her expertise in the context of our current public health crisis, COVID-19, and our national movement for a more equitable society, in the context of Help Me Grow.
As a safe alternative to coming together in person, the HMG National Center hosted a Virtual HMG Forum on August 10-12, 2020 via Zoom Webinar. Access the recordings, slides, and materials from all sessions below.
Materials and recordings of the 2020 Virtual Forum are available to affiliates of the HMG National Network here.
Help Me Grow Forum | Archives