CDC’s milestones and parent tips have been updated and new checklist ages have been added
This page shares materials to support Help Me Grow systems help families, community-based services, and child health providers understand, talk about, and utilize the new guidelines.
Resources include articles, tip sheets, videos, and strategic messaging.
New guidelines source document
About the changes made
- Parents Are Going to Want to Pay Attention to the Updated Baby Milestone Guidelines, Romper
- National Child Development Milestone Changes Not Tied to Pandemic, AP News
- Statements in Response to Media and Public Inquiries Related to Recent Developmental Milestone Checklist Revisions, CDC
- Strengthening Developmental Surveillance to Enhance Developmental Promotion and Early Detection, HMG National Center blog
- Revised Developmental Milestones for Babies and Toddlers: Your Questions Answered, Zero to Three
- CDC’s Learn the Signs. Act Early. Developmental Milestones Checklist, Bethanne Vergean CDC Act Early Ambassador for Connecticut